Sunday, 2 September 2012

2 in 2 days

So this morning I have folded and stacked and tucked away lots of interesting stuff. It is all under the bed or on top of the chest of drawers.... lurking!

Don't worry, nothing was injured or thrown away during the tidy up. The rest of it is still in the other bedroom, in a pile :D

I found some really good stuff that I have not looked at properly, stuff that came from car boots and Freegle. Next week, when the lawnmower man has built the cubes, I will remember to wind up the camera and take some really good piccies.

The best bit was finding the blackout curtain lining. I had wondered how to stop the edges of any folded fabrics from getting sunbleached. Now I know. I shall velcro the curtain lining to each cube. Easy to remove and no problem to do. I may even decorate it - eventually!

I suspect that I will prevaricate a while longer whilst I consider using piccies to catalogue what I have.  Oh but shall I sort by material, by colour, by possible end product....? Oh how complicated it all gets.

Meanwhile I have re-sorted all of my tools, beads, bits and bobs into the mushroom trays I have collected. It almost looks tidy now!

I shall be back next weekend with more tales of woe - or piccies of a very small victory :)


  1. Good idea about the blackout curtain on the cubes. My daughter did that on her storage units (she had 'pigeon hole' storage, floor to ceiling, on one wall)and she put a strip of velcro along the top of each piece (she had a separate strip of curtain for each section - a bit like a giant vertical blind) which meant that she could just lift one section most of the time without having to unvelcro it.

  2. I had exactly the same thought - velcro and separate strips for each column. Seems I am not unqiue :)